Monday, March 8, 2010

I Have a Secret....

Captain's blog, supplemental:

Yes, this is actually Chase writing. And yes, I am actually writing a blog post. You may pick your jaw up off the floor now.

Much has changed since my last attempt at a comeback, and even more since I actually wrote a real post. And guess what? I'm not going to blog about it. If I even try, I'll never finish. So, I'm just going to move on. And I'm going to start with some big news.

The news is that something big is about to happen. Something big is about to strike the blogosphere. Something I will play a key role in. Something so big, I can't go about it by myself. So I'm bringing out some of my "big guns" to bring this thing to pass.

Am I going to tell you more now? No way. Was this whole blog post just a tease? Of course it was. Tell you what, though: I encourage you to guess what smashing thing I'm hiding from you. Guesses may be posted in the comments section.

In the meantime, I know why you're all here, reading right now. You saw my other teaser. You know, the one I posted on Facebook and Twitter? Yeah, and you all want to know who this is:



So, who is he? His name is Isaiah Mustafa. Aside from just having an awesome name, why should we care about him? He played wide receiver at Arizona State University with former Broncos QB Jake Plummer. In 1996, they went 11-1 and should have won the Rose Bowl (I'm laying the blame on Plummer), finishing the season ranked #4 (one spot ahead of BYU). He also had a very brief career with the Seattle Seahawks.
Again, why blog about him?

Look down....

Now back up!





It makes the commercial even more awesome (yes, it's possible) knowing he almost won a Rose Bowl, doesn't it?

4 comments:

  1. Oh my amazing! My family is somewhat addicted to that commercial. : ) Um, now for my guess on your secret...You're buying a car, or you have a very serious girlfriend, or you're moving somewhere cool. Those are my three guesses. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That commercial is plain awesome.

    Big news...you're going to ACTUALLY get a ship and keep a real captains (b)log on all your adventures? If it's not your big news, I'd say consider it for later at least. Nice to see you in the blogging world, captain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A video blog series similar to the form of Dr. Horrible. And your "big guns" are the Lepinskis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey now, you can't expect people to look at or comment on your blog if you never post - I almost forgot you had a blog until your reminder!! Just kidding... but still I need consistency :) My guess is you are traveling, a study abroad or something like that.

    ReplyDelete