So I had one of those moments today. You know those moments of absolute clarity where something just clicks? Yeah, I had something better than that. And now I understand....
For the last few months, I have had a massive internal struggle about my future. I suppose it happens to every returned missionary/new college student. One minute everything seems to be settled, your plan is set. Then suddenly uncertainty creeps in, and you're gasping for air, looking for a purpose.
I've been through this whole kaleidoscope of emotions recently. But today, that all ended. Now, I feel confident in my future. Specifically what I want to do with my life.
There were many factors that entered into my decision. I'm a man of varied interests. So I've been hoping for a career that would satisfy as many as possible:
1. I need a career that allows me to work with people. I crave social interaction, so a job where I work with others is a must.
2. Along with that, a job where I can help people solve their problems would be very nice as well.
3. My job should be filled with adventure. I don't think I'd do very well sitting behind a desk all day. I'm a man of action, always looking for things to do.
4. If I can, a job where I can stay in shape physically would be nice too.
5. I should be able to strategize and expand my natural creative leanings.
6. A sweet company car would be cool.
7. Job security, I want a profession that will always be needed.
8. I want my job to take me places. I'm so curious about the world around me.
9. And of course, fame and fortune would be quite cool. I've always had a desire to be seen and heard, while making a pretty penny.
That's the list I've been mentally writing for many years now. But until today, I was not able to find a profession that met all of those requirements. But now, I will forever more be devoting my time and energy into my ultimate goal, which is to become...